Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Wanna...


I want to live in New Zealand for at least a year.
Ever since I saw the first behind the scenes special about Xena (it might have been Hercules); I've wanted to travel to New Zealand. And after all that extra crap on the Super-Awesome-Extra-Long Lord of the Rings DVDs (You know - the one with about 3 years worth of special features) - forget about it.
I want to go there and eat the food and jump off the cliffs and swim in the water and skydive and hang-glide and meet a half-dozen hot Kiwi babes (or just one perfect one).

Even though it probably means you have to go through this long, looong period of obscurity or whatever, that must be - just - wow. What kind of dance do you suppose Charlaine Harris did when she found out her books were being optioned by HBO?

I want to use my brain to surf the internet (but I don't want to be paralyzed to do it).
Just... I mean - with those contact lenses that have little displays on them (like overlays on your vision) and bluetooth-like advances, coupled with this technology - we're all going to be wired all the time and it's going to be awesome. I can't wait. We're all going to be neuromancers in a post-whatever cyberpunk dystopia. Or utopia if you happen to be a sci-fi geek with enough money for the wetware. :P

My ideal mate is a gamer, she's fit (or trying to be), she's a little bit goofy, much smarter than me (okay, that's not too difficult), she's a vegan (or at least a veggie), as easy-going spiritually & religiously as I am, and not too hung up on the fact that my primary aspiration in life is to be a writer (which probably means I will be broke for a good long while). She also shouldn't mind my horrible taste in movies.

I want to keep going, but I have to go to work.

(also, Lucy Lawless was rockin' that leather bikini, wasn't she?)

No comments:

98%

Free Online Dating from JustSayHi

88% Geek