Monday, April 21, 2014

I Hate Mondays, but...

I'm tired of bitching about my life on the internet.  This blog should be more about creativity - about going forward and being the things I want to be.  I don't know if its all the exercising I've been doing, or just turning 41 (maybe this is my mid-life crisis -

I really want to start putting more out there.  The trouble is, I'm working on so many different things I don't know what I'm doing half the time... and half the time I'm starting something new.  Anyone who's known me for any length of time, knows that I'm really bad at follow through.  I'm hoping to put a stop to that shit here.

To start with, here's a list of the projects I'm working on.

  • A roleplaying game called (tentatively American Goblin or perhaps Modern Goblin... I'm struggling with a title)
    • The aim is to publish an actual, playable game, either in digital only or digital and hard-copy formats.
    • A series of short stories, and at least one novel will accompany the game.
    • I've also considered a webcomic about one of the Goblin Tribes - at the very least, I want to develop some great artwork for the game book.
    • So this is really a roleplaying game and a novel, and a bunch of short stories, and some artwork, and maybe a webcomic.
  • A novel about vampires.  I know, I know - but it's a story I'm fascinated by and want to finish.
  • A GURPS Star Wars Campaign that is currently underway, and is intended to be epic - both in scope and story.  Check it out.
  • A unique and fun Fantasy Campaign either for GURPS or with its own system - to be published(?)
    • The setting for a series of Fantasy novels I've intended to write (and dabbled with) for almost two decades.
  • A Hard(ish) Sci-Fi Setting for Roleplaying in Space.
    • With a series of short stories to flesh out the setting and draw attention to it.
  • A Pathfinder Campaign for a group of new gamers (if I can ever get them together).
  • I'd like to run more games of Scooby-Fhtagn! - or hear about other people having fun with the game setting.
  • I want to write a reboot of Star Wars (yeah... basically a fan-fic; I know), though I may just rename all the characters and planets and mysticisms and create a new Space Opera of my own, borrowing heavily (re: plagiarizing) from Lucas's seminal work while taking it in my own direction.
  • I want to write a review/study of the Bible, which I haven't really read since I abandoned my faith and began identifying as an atheist.
    • At some point, I'd also like to take a look at other religious works.  I'd like to maybe do this on YouTube and join the YouTube Atheist community.
  • I want to draw!  I miss drawing.  I don't know why I haven't been drawing.
  • I want to write and draw a webcomic - a Star Wars story, actually, called Not Quite Jedi.  I think it's a good story (rolling around in my head and begging to be put on paper... onscreen).
  • I want to start drawing Character Portraits for Gamers... I want to monetize my drawing ability as much as I want to monetize my storytelling.  That sounds kind of whorish, but they say do what you love, and what I love more than anything is drawing and writing and painting (man I miss painting).
  • I want to start painting again.  I have paints and canvas and a make-shift easel (want a taller one), and I don't know why I haven't started.  Maybe I'll watch a little Bob Ross and get started that way.
  • I'm going to turn the Electroverse into an illustrated series of audiobooks and post them on YouTube or Audible or who knows what.  I'm really excited about this, and I think it's going to be fun to put together and fun to read/watch/listen.
  • Another comic/web-comic I've had in my head forever is Teenage Queens of the Universe, which may go the way of Electroverse.
  • I want to shoot a web series called Mirror Shades.
  • Still want to write Reptile.
  • Simon Mercy - holy crap do I want to finish writing Simon Mercy.  Also, kind of want to run a GURPS Campaign set in the world of that/those books.
Like I said, lot of irons in the fire.  Don't really know how much of this I'm going to be able to pull off - but if I fail, it's not going to be because I'm not trying.  Part of coming back to the blog is an effort to document this, and to spur me to action.  The existing labels, and the schedule I'm looking at is:

I Hate Mondays... is going to be about the blog - specifically about how my creative goals are changing - and what I've accomplished.
Tuesday Track Record... is going to be about any of the audio files I'm working on - Electroverse, Teenage Queens of the Universe, and my Atheist Bible Study (I've decided to record my own audio version of the Bible to avoid any possible DCMA attacks when I start vlogging).
In Writing Workshop, on Wednesdays, I'm going to talk about writing - how it's going, how to do it, what's holding me up (if something is).  When I manage to complete something, I'ma celebrate there.
New Art Thursday... just like it says on the Tin.
Free Fiction Friday, is going to be a new short story every week.  Probably about 2,000 words each.
Saturday Morning Cartoons is where I'm going to discuss cartoons.  The ones I used to watch, the ones I want to make, and the ones I've found online - both animated and comic formats.
Sunday Idolatry, is going to be a hodgepodge of shit I really like that week.  I don't know.  Maybe it should be my Atheist Pages.

Here we go again... Let me know if anything bores the shit out of you.  Let me know what you're enjoying.

No comments:

98%

Free Online Dating from JustSayHi

88% Geek